We recently carried out an anonymous survey with 26 staff responding to questions online about the impact of recent education and training on their dementia care. Their responses are listed below and clearly show Ananda’s commitment to training opportunities are proving popular and rewarding already, with the Dementia Training Australia partnership continuing until March 2020.
Comments from staff also included:
- “Interesting to learn about dignity of risk and more importantly learning about choice of residents. Looking forward to learn more as the dementia courses are helpful in assisting residents with dementia.”
- “I really like to learn about Dementia In future thank you.”
- “Good learning material in online training. It’s a good opportunity whenever you have time you can just login and learn.”
- “The training packages are very informative. I would also suggest some training on how to interpret care plan information for residents who are living with dementia sometimes a bit more information is needed.”
- “I learned a lot from the VR training it was eye opening for me as I got to see and feet what it was like having dementia for a short period of time. Thank you…”