Further to our correspondence (20th March 2020) we have now made the decision to reduce visitation to our homes further.
From Wednesday 25th March 2020 visitation will only be as follows:
- 1 visitor only – immediate family members only
- Dedicated visiting time: 3 –5pm for 15 minutes only
- Visitation can only occur once a day in this dedicated time slot in the following dedicated areas at Hope Valley:
- A1 front reception
- A1 activity area (2 areas available)
- A2 Multi-purpose space
- A2 front of reception
- and at Findon in the Hub or Friendship Club or resident room
- Please phone Reception and book a time to visit to avoid disappointment
- With visiting occurring within resident rooms or outside in our gardens utilizing social distancing principles. At this time we request that visitors under the age of 16 years do not visit due to the higher risk this cohort poses to our residents.
- In addition to this we continue to have “social distancing in place” to ensure we are reducing the risk of contact.
- As advised by the Federal Government please adhere social distancing by 1.5 metres
You will have noticed that the effort within our organization has been a staged approach over the past weeks and we have initiated measures as we decide important to keep our homes calm, healthy and safe. Our executive team is meeting daily via teleconference and are committed to enter on site at any stage as it is required.
As indicated yesterday we are continuing to explore creative ways to entertain our residents, who will largely rest in their rooms and we are hoping to launch an Ananda TV Channel and opportunities for being outdoors in small groups in one of our beautiful gardens and courtyards. We think we can provide some support to residents with staff “visiting from outside and providing support through their windows” and we also have public announcement and music systems available to residents.
We will continue to keep you updated but you can also contact myself or our Director of Nursing, Karen Daniels-Goddard, at any time if you have any concerns or questions.